Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finding new blogs to read

I just love it when I find a new blog to read. Many of my friends are hooked on Facebook, but I am not a part of that network. Blogs are what I enjoy. But not just any blogs--no, I enjoy reading blogs related to teaching or those that I can relate to my teaching. I'm an education nerd; I admit it. Today, thanks to Dana Huff's weekly Diigo links, I have found a new blog to love: Shakespeare Geek. I read the blog on Shakespeare Geek which was supposed to be about how the old guy relates to computer geeks but what I really got out of it was a lesson on what all of us should get out of education. It really urges students to go above and beyond what is required in class in order to get the most out of life. (what a concept!) I printed it out because I think I would like to read parts of it just before the next time I teach a Shakespearean play.

After reading that post, I, of course, scrolled to see the headlines of the other posts. This blog has been around since 2005 and yet I'm seeing it for the first time today! Oh well, at least I'll have some reading material for the summer! One of his other posts led me to this site, a site that offers videos of advertisements that use Shakespeare to promote their products. I may find a use for it next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment